Corporate Responsibility Policy
Seaward Safety recognizes its duty to behave responsibly to all parties affected by its business operations and to minimize its business related social, ethical and environmental impacts.
The Directors place particular emphasis on maintaining good relationships with its customers, employees and suppliers; on health and safety and ethical sourcing; on environmental issues; and charitable contributions.
Our corporate responsibility policies are set out below.
Code of business conduct
Seaward Safety and its directors and employees (and those of its associated companies) will in all business dealings:
- Obey the law and ethical standards in all countries in which Seaward Safety does business.
- Treat third parties (including customers, fellow employees, suppliers, investors, competitors, neighbours, government and regulatory bodies) fairly and honestly.
- Not accept or offer bribes or other inducements.
- Not give or accept gifts or entertainment that is intended to influence, or appear to influence, business decisions.
- Seek to avoid conflicts of interest between an employee and the Company
- Not make political contributions on behalf of the Company.
- Comply with relevant competition legislation.
- Respect confidentiality at all times.
- Honestly present themselves, their products and will not make false or exaggerated claims.
Seaward Safety is committed to delivering consistently high standards of customer service and satisfaction. We constantly strive to provide high quality, safe products at a fair price, supported by our “Simply Value for Money” ethos.
- Ensure that our products are safe and comply with applicable legislation.
- Do our best to provide value for money to our customers.
- Provide a consistently high standard of customer service.
- Treat our customers fairly and in accordance with our published terms and conditions.
- Safeguard our customers’ personal information.
Seaward Safety will:
- Provide a safe working environment in which employees are valued and encouraged to fulfil their potential.
- Require all employees to treat each other with respect: discrimination, bullying and other forms of harassment are not tolerated.
- Provide training and development opportunities and support in obtaining relevant professional qualifications.
- Treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
- Allow employees to raise issues without prejudice.
Health and Safety
Seaward Safety recognises that it has a responsibility as an employer to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees whilst at work. Additionally it is the responsibility of all persons who work for the Company (Directors, Managers and Employees etc.) to ensure this policy extends to all other persons who may be affected by our work activities. In this way, each and every individual within the Company has a vital and specific role in maintaining the Company’s health and safety standard.
Responsibility for the overall implementation, maintenance and development of our safety management system, however, rests with the senior management of this Company, including the setting and reviewing of objectives, and the provision of adequate resources to allow those objectives to be achieved. It is also the responsibility of senior management within the Company to ensure that our health and safety policy and procedures conform to all applicable legislation.
Management recognised the importance of its staff and encourages the reporting of any hazard or risk that may adversely affect our health and safety standard. We also recognise the importance of ensuring that staff are adequately trained, informed and supervised to fulfil their activities in a safe manner.
This Company is committed to a management system that demonstrates a pro-active approach through the continual improvement of our health and safety performance. This is further achieved by the setting and reviewing of objectives to achieve compliance to current safety legislation applicable to our Company, and through matching our industry’s best practices.
We as a Company also recognise the need for the identification of hazards and the recording and reviewing of risk assessments.
The effectiveness of our health and safety policy and its implementation are subject to regular management reviews and all related processes and procedures are subject to an on-going audit schedule.
We source our products from many countries.
We encourage suppliers to manage the environmental impacts of their activities.
Seaward will not use suppliers who cannot give reasonable assurances that their employees are treated in a safe and fair manner. The assurances required cover the following areas
- Health and Safety
- Child Labour
- Hours of work
- Fair wages
- Clear and fair employment practices
- Freedom of association
- Supply chain management
Seaward Safety is committed to achieving high standards of environmental performance in all aspects of its business activities, including complying with all relevant legislation.
- Monitor and, where possible, reduce our impact on the environment.
- Minimise the consumption of energy.
- Seek to reduce our waste and to recycle as much as possible.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant environmental legislation.
- Support through various employee events and Company donations deserving charities.